Thursday 11 October 2012

Rainy Morning on the Thames

This morning was what I think of as a typical London day - 50 degrees and light drizzle.  That didn't stop Big T and I from going for a walk on the Thames.  I wanted to head back to the Borough Market since it is only open Thursday - Saturday.  When we went there over the weekend it was too crowded to really check it out with a stroller so we went back today right when they opened.  They were still setting it up but we picked up some fresh fruits and veggies, some farm eggs and meat pies for dinner tonight (chicken and steak pot pies that are popular here - will be interesting).  Housekeeping was supposed to come to our place to clean today from 9-11am so it gave us a good excuse to get out of the apartment.  And yes, I'm really enjoying there is housekeeping service here!  It was during Tyler's nap time but I was hoping he would take a stroller snooze.  However, there were just too many things for him to see and he resisted sleep.  After the market, I was determined to get Tyler to sleep so we took a walk west and saw Shakespeare's Globe Theater and walked along the riverwalk of the Thames.   Maybe Tyler is a Shakespeare fan or maybe he was just a bit cold, but he still didn't sleep.  He is back at home now taking a proper nap in his laundry room.

Along with all the new things to learn about living in a new country, I'm also learning so much about Tyler.  Spending so much more time with him I've really enjoyed learning about his little personality.  I am learning when he needs to cuddle, and when he needs some space.  I am learning when he wants to be at home and when he needs some fresh air.  I am learning when he needs help doing something and when he just wants to do it on his own.  I am learning that he is completely slap happy right before a nap.  He is a little giggle monster at this time and although I know he should get to bed, we spend a few extra minutes laughing away.  We also got to meet JJ at his work last night and walk home with him.  I'm really feeling blessed to have this opportunity to spend more time together as a family!

Here are some more pictures from the morning.  I apologize for the poor quality.  My iphone will be coming someday, and our actual camera is probably on the Atlantic somewhere, so until then I'm stuck with this blackberry from 2004 that takes fuzzy pictures.  Enjoy!

Borough Market
Apparently the rabbit is very fresh....
Globe Theater
View of St. Paul's Cathedral and Millennium Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment