Thursday 17 January 2013

Big T Making Big Moves

Tyler is officially mobile!  After taking his first steps in Chicago at the Reeds' house, Tyler has come a long way and can officially walk all over this flat.  Check out his moves:
 
He gets so proud of himself that he is actually moving on his own.  And it's nice for his parents to not have to be led around the house by our pinky fingers because he needs the safety net of our hands while walking.   And now that I have learned to post videos on Blogger, here is the other video from a while ago of him dancing.  A lot of people have already seen this when we were home but it's hilarious so here it is again :) 






We had a busy week meeting with potential babysitters and we ended up hiring the American girl from Philadelphia to start watching Tyler a couple hours a week.  She had a lot of flexibility for us and we immediately had a lot in common just by both being American.  She is super nice and Tyler seemed to like her quite a bit.  And we have a lot of babysitting contacts for the evening now.  JJ and I need to plan our first London date!

In other news we have been busy exploring the neighborhood and going to classes like we do.  We went to Rhyme Time at the library for the first time and it was a bit of a cluster for T and I.  The small room was full of kids, there were toys strewn all over, and no one was really paying attention to the woman leading the "rhymes."  So it turned into a free for all shoving match for the toys on the floor because not many kids were listening to the rhymes.  It was a little stressful for me as I tried to keep Tyler cool.  I think I've had it with "sharing."  Tyler loves toy cars and there were a few of them to play with.  Every time he picked a car up and started playing with it a kid would yank it out of his hands and run away and I would frantically try to find a diversion toy so he wouldn't lose it while mumbling something to him about "sharing."  I didn't want to be the maniac mom who chases after a 2 year old who stole her kid's toy but we both got a little frustrated and I think were both thankful when it was over :)  Maybe since I am only child am not schooled in "sharing" and maybe also that is one class that the babysitter can take him to! 

I'm still experimenting with new dishes (going to try homemade granola bars today!) and I joined a couple women's clubs here so I think we will be busy filling up our social calendars.  Nothing else much new to report here except we are due to get 2-4 inches of snow here tomorrow.  We have heard the city shuts down in the snow so it could be interesting!

At Rhyme Time (before any mean little person took his car)

On one of our outside walks Tyler led me into the local bookstore that has a kids play area with toys and books out to play with



No comments:

Post a Comment