Thursday 1 November 2012

Happy Halloween!!!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween yesterday.  I was super excited to wake up and see all the little kiddos dressed up in the Facebook pictures this morning.  Kids on Halloween are the best.  We still dressed Tyler up but we decided not to go trick or treating last night with him for a few reasons:
1) He is sick.  This is his first cold and the poor guy has snot pouring out of his nose.  He gets so frustrated every time you touch his face to wipe it away so the days are a constant battle!  He seems to be a bit better today so hopefully he is on the mend.
2) It was windy, cold and rainy last night
3) We didn't really have a set activity.  JJ said there were kids dressed up walking around when he came home from work but we didn't really have a plan on where to go
4) The clocks fell back last weekend here and since Tyler is so accustomed to going to bed right at 7 (he loves a routine just like his daddy), he basically conks out at 6pm now.  The other day he crawled up to me and put his thumb in his mouth and head on my shoulder as if to say, "It's time mommy"

Still I put him in his outfit and had some things to mail so we went to the post office dressed up.  The person behind the counter seemed to enjoy it!

Now the next couple weeks are big for us in finally making this our home.

First, my first big online grocery order came yesterday so we finally have a fridge full of food and don't have to stop at Tesco every single day.  Groceries are so funny here.  JJ and I were big Costco shoppers so we are used to bulk sizes.  It is the exact opposite here.  I didn't really understand the sizes when I was shopping online (who knows what 500 grams of tortilla chips really are?).  So when I got some things, it was in such a tiny package that it made me laugh.  For instance, the biggest size of tortilla chips was the 500g package and that is about twice the size of a single serving bag.  Oh well, we will get used to that I guess!

Second, our Ikea order comes today.  We still don't have a single piece of furniture here.  JJ and I have been sleeping on an air mattress and Tyler in his pack & play.  We made some make-shift chairs out of a playmat that we brought for Tyler and we have a couple yoga mats.  That's it until our sea shipment comes.  So we bought some things from Ikea to make it more manageable until the shipment comes.  Including 2 chairs.  Now with the chair I will be able to put Tyler in his high chair again, making my life much easier.

Third, our sea shipment is due to arrive next Wednesday!  Now we had some significant delays getting our air shipment here so I'm not holding out too much hope that it will actually be on that day, but regardless it is definitely getting closer!

Here are some pics of Halloween and our makeshift chairs.  As much as I kind of want to stay here this weekend and am tired of packing up and traveling, JJ and I both agreed that it may make sense to go somewhere close by and stay at a B&B so that we can have furniture for a couple nights and be comfortable.  So we are looking at a getaway in the English country-side in a region called Cotswold just about 100 miles outside London.  Hopefully we will have some fun updates for the blog on Monday!

Happy dinosaur!

Side view of dinosaur

Sad dinosaur

Close-up dinosaur

The best we can do for chairs around here


2 comments:

  1. The "chairs" made me laugh out loud. Love the engineering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little Dino! Have fun in Cotswald, hope they have nice chairs. :)

    ReplyDelete