Wednesday 27 March 2013

Spring Break!!!

Hi all.  I'm dreaming of warm weather right now as we prepare to head down to the sunny Canary Islands in Spain tomorrow.  I checked the weather and it looks like this:


How pumped are we!  It has been an absolutely dreadful winter here.   I know I'm preaching to the choir on this to my friends/family at home since this winter seems intent on sticking around there too.  It is unusual though for it to still be this cold and snowy in London.  I'm so glad that I convinced JJ to go as far south as we could for Easter :)

It will be our first experience with a budget airline while traveling with a toddler as we are flying Ryan Air.  I flew Easyjet with Reena years ago and didn't mind the no frills at all, but that was 10 years ago before I now take about 25 lbs of extra luggage for a kid, not including the toy/snack bag for in flight.  So we will see how that goes! 

Things are going well here in London.  The stomach flu that I had stuck around until about Friday, making for a miserable week.  Luckily neither JJ nor Tyler got it so my technique of hand-washing til they bleed must have worked.  We stuck close to home last weekend since it was snowing and I was still feeling lazy from the sickness.  Now we are just looking forward to heading south and relaxing for a few days.  We get back on Easter Sunday - JJ gets two bank holidays on Friday and Monday so we will have Monday to recover and get back to real life.  Happy Easter to everyone - hope you have a nice relaxing holiday!  Here are some pictures from around the house this past week.

March Madness Baby!

Tyler loves the bubbles in music class.  He is so cute during bubble time that other moms were taking pictures of him.  Here is a photo that a nice mom sent to me.

Bubbles!

No more bubbles?  OK I'm outta here!

This picture made me sad since he looks like such a big boy walking on the sidewalk by himself walking home from music class. Where does time go???

When it snows outside, we need to find fun indoor activities.... like more bubbles!!!

Dad braved the weather to still take him out for outdoor fun

Go blue!!! The early tip-off Saturday meant we could all watch Michigan make it to the Sweet Sixteen!  The game this weekend starts at 11:30pm here.  Don't think we will make it to the end (if they are showing it in Spain at all)!

He loves Daddy time, especially rooting for Daddy's favorite team :)


No comments:

Post a Comment