Tuesday 29 October 2013

Megan Visits & Tyler Feels "Poorly"

Over the last couple weeks we have enjoyed the English autumn season, welcomed Megan to London, took a girls only trip to Paris, went to a couple Halloween gatherings, and poor Tyler has been sick for about a month now with a few different colds/minor illnesses.  One thing I found as I was watching one of Tyler's English cartoons was that they call feeling sick, feeling poorly.  So now I ask Tyler in an English accent if he is still feeling poorly every morning.  The poor guy has just had cold after cold.  Once he is about to kick one, he catches another.  Tis the season for runny noses! 

Ahhh - first night in Paris - just Megan and I!  Our nanny Alison watched Tyler during the day for two days while Megan and I had a girls only trip to Paris.  It was delightful!

Megan got a reduced rate at the Four Seasons hotel right off the Champs Elysees - it was dream and the nicest hotel I will probably ever stay at in my whole life.  A real change from the hospital room that JJ, Tyler and I crammed into last fall!

I love the fruit stands in Paris

They also have the best flower shops!
After 3 trips to Paris, I still can't remember to bring a lock to put on this bridge - next time!

Notre Dame
It rained all day on our only full day in Paris - we ducked into one of my favorite cafes in Paris - the St. Regis on the Ile St. Louis
Champagne cocktails at the St. Regis - yes please!

I love the Eiffel Tower at night!  This picture took several attempts until we found someone who could get it right!

Think I'm going to frame this one!
Checking out of the Four Seasons

Big T loved playing with Aunt MayMay (he still needs to work on a lot of pronunciation!)

We took a trip to Surrey to a pick-your-own farm to get a pumpkin.  It definitely wasn't the same experience as in the US.  We were hoping for hay rides, corn maze, etc.  The British are a bit more functional about this - you just drive up and pick your veggies and then go... Tyler still enjoyed playing in the fields though!

This one, I like this one guys!

Yep, it makes a nice stool too!

Family photo at the farm!

Meg and I by the raspberry bushes

Tyler is very playful with his stuffed animals.  First he put his huge giraffe "night night" and then proceeded to put the rest of his buddies to night night as well.

He stole Megan's book for a little pants-free reading time.
We got a babysitter and went out for a night on the town when Megan was here.  Megan - we miss you so much!!!! It was so great to have you!

Playing on the London bus at the zoo - who cares about the animals when they have these cool buses?!?!?

The Heath is beautiful in the fall!

Tyler loves to run free!

Pictures from the photographer at the Women's Club Halloween party a few weeks ago - don't know why my hat is so low!

Walk these city streets, I will!

JJ took Tyler to Hamley's Toys last weekend - they have 7 floors of fun!

Cheese - I love it here!

Tyler and his playgroup buddies, Ellis and Quinn enjoying all the snacks at a Halloween party
Yoda Tyler with Pumpkin Isabella, Foxy Quinn, and Lion Ellis - these are Tyler's London buddies!
Being Yoda is exhausting!

He got a second wind after we took his costume off....

Tyler enjoying Facetime with Gigi (my mom) and Aunt Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment