Thursday 7 August 2014

London Dates With My Two Main Men

So JJ and I came to the realization that we are REALLY prepared for this move back to the US.  I mean on the US end of the move we have a car picked out and deposit on, we have movers set to move all storage items in for the day after we fly in, we have all utilities set to go on, cell phones in route to JJ's office, and even a new big boy bedroom furniture set to be delivered to Tyler the day after we fly in.  On this end, we have nearly everything sold that needs to go (just waiting on someone to buy our couch!), things organized for the move, and we are eating through the last of our food which make for some interesting dinner ideas!  In fact, it seems that we got so prepared so early that now we are kind of just sitting around waiting to leave.... And I'm starting to bum Tyler out by talking about all the lasts (last classes, last playgroup, etc).  Today when we went to our garden he got really upset and asked if it was the last time in the garden.  That's when I realized that I need to just keep the fun going for the next week and not get all sentimental!  We've had a great week - the recap is below!

JJ and I met for a lovely date near Westminster.  He had a great idea of just wandering around and enjoying the city instead of trying to pack in too many things like we always do.  It was a beautiful evening and really nice to just enjoy the city and our date :)

Westminster selfie!
JJ made reservations at a steak house in the Marriott hotel right on the river with views of Big Ben and the Eye.  The entrance was tucked away and so peaceful amidst the busy touristy areas.
My mocktail and JJ's beer with a view of the Eye in the background.  



A different date with my other main man.  He loves playing on the ramp outside one of the banks on the High Street.  We paused for pictures...

Our last trip to Golder's Hill Park - a really cool area of the Heath that has a great pond and children's zoo and playground.  
Tyler hosted a tea party with his friends under the dinosaur sculptures at Golder's Hill :)

Tyler and the neighbor cat, Mish Mish.  I remember posting in one of my earlier blogs that I had a feeling that they would become good friends and now it's funny that they have.  It took her a while to sort out if Tyler was going to torment her or not, but he's so gentle with her and just loves petting her that I think she really has began to like him.

Gentle pets for Mish!

The entrance to "our" garden at Fenton House

Tyler actually took this picture and I thought it was a great photo of our spot here in the garden.  It was lovely - we had a picnic and played and colored all afternoon in the shade here.

Tyler loves to stop and smell the flowers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment