Monday 4 February 2013

Soho & No Super Bowl

Hello there!  We had a great weekend with gorgeous weather on Saturday so we set out to be tourists in our own city.  We decided to pick a tube stop and go explore.  Saturday we chose the Tottenham Court Road stop and walked through Soho.  Soho is home to many theaters and bars and used to be a bit dodgy but now has transformed.  Tyler enjoyed chasing pigeons and we enjoyed the new sights.  We attempted to have lunch in a pub there but were turned away because the waiter said they didn't have the appropriate insurance to have kids in the pub.  We had never heard that before and felt a bit slighted.  Soon it was apparent that Tyler was exhausted and we were starving so we just headed home for lunch and Tyler's nap.  It was nice to see a new part of the city though. We need to do that more often.  My friend Leana told me about this new travel book called the London Style Guide that I have on order and I can't wait for it to arrive - maybe we will find more stylish things to do in this city on one of our mini trips!

We have the super bowl taped to watch tonight but I must say that I don't think I'm going to have much interest considering I already know the outcome of the game and they probably won't play any of the US commercials.  But I see that Beyonce rocked the halftime show so I will definitely watch that.  It is the first time I've not watched the Super Bowl live since I was a kid and probably the first year that JJ has ever missed the Super Bowl.  Lots of pubs around here were staying open all night to view the Super Bowl but that really wasn't an option for us parents :) 

Saturday morning cuddles

Big boy at the tube station


Big T on the tube.  He even likes to hold on!

Soho

Chasing pigeons

Theater in Soho

Chinatown borders Soho.  They were gearing up for the Chinese New Year celebration next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment