Thursday 17 July 2014

An Afternoon Tea & Evening with Shakespeare

I realize that I already skipped a couple days of my every day blog promise. Maybe that goal was a bit ambitious...  We have been busy the last couple days.  Wednesday I met my friend Andrea for Mad Hatter Afternoon Tea at the Sanderson.  It was an Alice in Wonderland themed tea and was delicious.  Andrea and her family are going to visit the US for 6 weeks so this was the last time I would see her before we move. Then later on Wednesday I met JJ for a night of Shakespeare at The Globe. We saw Julius Caesar.  We are under a bit of a heat wave this week so we have been busy outside enjoying the weather.  Pictures below!

Big T exploring under a big tree in the Heath

Mad Hatter Tea!

Mad Hatter tea with Andrea.  She has two adorable little boys and we usually do play dates with all the boys, but it was really nice to have a kid-free girls afternoon to say goodbye!  

This is the patio at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre with a great view of the river and St. Paul's.  It was festive out there and they had period musicians and people dressed up for the play milling around.

Here is inside the Globe at the beginning of Julius Caesar.  This was before I was scolded for taking pictures (apparently that is frowned upon there).  We were in the bench seats and man were they uncomfortable for this pregnant lady!  But it was very cool to see a show there despite the uncomfortable seats and hard to follow language of the play at times.

We hung out at the river at the interval (what they call intermission here)

Me and my hot date in front of the Globe

I took Big T to the Parliament Hill Lido (pool) today since the temperatures hit 80F.  The water was still pretty cold as you can see on Tyler's purple lips.   He still managed to hold on to the PB&J despite the shivering!  But he had a blast.  Finally after a couple dips in the water we had to go home because he was freezing.  But he kept saying while shivering, "I'm not cold.  I'm not cold yet!'

No comments:

Post a Comment